- Login to your domain registrar for example - GoDaddy and click on the domain name you wish to create the record for
- Then go to the second tab which is labeled “DNS Zone File”
- Under the Zone File section, click on “add record”.
- Select record type “A (Host)”
- In the popup window, enter Host Field as “RDP” or whatever you are using but not the full subdomain which would be in this example “RDP.Denver-Colocation.com”
- In the popup window, enter the Points To field as the IP address of your server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXXX and TTL as 1 hour or whatever is default
- Click OK
- Make sure to SAVE RECORD. In our experience, it only takes 5 or 10 minutes to take effect. Once you can ping RDP.Denver-Colocation.com then you can login with the domain name instead of the IP address.
- Test it by logging into your server using RDP.Denver-Colocation.com instead of IP address
Created by: Harshal Sadhu
Modified on: Sat, 7 Jul, 2018 at 9:05 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.